Monday 21 July 2008

10 Things To Do Before I Die...

I was inspired by a featured video on youtube.

Simply put: What di i want to eithr achieve, experience or conquer in my lifetime??
Initially i thought this would b a relatively straightforward task, and thought i would be mentally trampled by zillions of ideas, suprisingly i struggled to think of 10 things which really really were important to me. There were hundreds of little things which were of 'interest' to me, but i wanted to really choose things which i felt would add zest to my life or open me up to a new way of looking at the world.

What started out as being a seemingly easy task turned into a mammoth think-a-thon, which i thorougly enjoyed.
Anyways babble babble babble, i go. I could blah blah about this whole thing for ages, so i shall stop, NOW.

10 Things I Hope to Do .... Before i'm too frail and/or DEAD.

  1. Be able to buy/give my mum, dad and sister anything they want. They have *always* tried to give me everything and i would love to be able to do the same. They have made many sacrifices for me. I would want to see them all be as happy as they could be. I don't mean buying loads of materialistic things as such because they don't care about 'stuff'. I mean being able to give them opportunities that they haven't ben able to fulfill. E.g My dad would love to live in the Lake District near his mother (my grandmother) and i would love to b able to buy him a beautiful country house. I know he hates living in the city.
  2. Write a book: I would love to do this, and i know i could do it now, but i don't feel like i have a good enough story, this is mostly due to the fact that i feel there are many experiences i am yet to have. I am lacking the inspiration.
  3. Travel across America in a cool car, literally stopping at as many places as possible. Would just be super cool! Also travelling generally and seeing as much of the world as i could. There is sooooo much to see in the world, i often feel like i'm completely missing out.
  4. Live in New York for a while: I just love the place, i know it is a huge cliche but there is a unique atmosphere there and a palpabe energy in the city. Probably a result of the sheer amount of people milling around. There is everything you could need, even a park which serves as a peaceful haven contrasting beautifullywith the hectic-ness hustle and bustle of the city streets.
  5. Revive my gymnastics! The one big thing i remember about my childhood is doing gymnastics, i loved it. I gave it up because i hit puberty and just felt like a bit of a tit prancing around in a leotard, the usual story. I have only one lonely regret and that is giving up gymnastics. I really hope that one day, i will have the confidence to prance around in a leotard again.
  6. Have all of my family be together and it not be awkward. My mum & dad got divorced when i was 2, so i have only seen them in the ame breathing space a handful of time sin my life, most of these being awkward, bumbling moments. My mum and dad are awesome and really do try to make things as comfortable as possible but the feelings of sadness when they have been in the same room are too intense. It must be incredibly difficult for them. Saying this, i would love to have a photo of us all together, so i could display it proudly on my wall. I would love that more than anything.
  7. Have a child: Believe me, not anytime soon, i wouldn't want to have a baby until i was at the very youngest 32. I don't feel i am particulary good around kids, (i am AWFUL!) i find them boring and repeatative. The very thought of having a baby now makes me shudder, literally shudder and scream inside. It would be a utter nightmare; i absolutely love my independance & freedom, a baby would literally steal any independance one has. Anyways, one day i would adore to have a baby, i would not want to miss out on that experience. I would regret it if i was all old and didn't have a child.
  8. See my mum & dad be proud. I know they are proud of me, they constantly tell me how proud they are, even when i haven't really done much :) I would love, probably for myself more than anything, to really feel like i have done something to be worth all their support and love. They have always believed and encouraged me, even when i haven't shown much enthusiasm. I would love to prove they were right.
  9. Go on an archeology adventure and use one of those little brushes to unearth a dinosaur fossil. Just because it would be sooo much fun.
  10. Drive a really amazing car, lke a lambourghini, if only for 5 minutes. To be able to put my foot down and feel how spectacular it would be.

No comments: