Tuesday 8 July 2008

Teeth Extraction X 3 = Ignorance is Bliss









So today i went to see a consultant at the orthopedic place in the hopsital regarding my killer wisdom teeth.

The dentist dude did not suprise me one bit when he broke the news that i would have to have my wisdom teeth out, however i was mid to severly displeased when he advised that i have to have 3, yes 3 teeth out. Oh noes.


I am generally fairly okay with the inevitable prospect of having two of my wisodom teeth out but THREE, this is AWFUL.

I had two options for the procedure; Sedation Or total anesthesia.



I opted to go for the sedation option as opposed to full general anesthetic (it sounded like the most fun), however i am rather contemplting back tracking and changing this option as i am thinking being completely out may be the way forward.


I am actually quite eager towards the idea of finally having these calcium intruders out of my mouth so that i can stop taking painkillers. I am probably taking far too many now, my tolerance has imploded, my poor poor liver.

My poor poor liver.


I am going to have to go on a majorly serious detox after the teeth get given their marching orders.


I am perplexed as to how the dentist person is actually going to take these teeth out, as they are impacted, meaning that they are not properly poking up through the gums, how ....errrr probably best i don't know this.


I think ignorance is most certainly bliss in this case.

Ignorance most certainly is BLISS.


Also, for some unknown reason (my dentist was quite vague) i have to get each tooth out individually, so this means a grand total of three sedations. On a positive note, it in turn results in three days off work for me! Y-e-y- ....although with a throbbing holey-fied mouth (that sounds religious) i doubt i'll be having a party.

Oooh one last thing, the receptionist in the hospital asked me a few questions such as; my name, my address, next of kin etc all the usual type stuff, but i am certain that when she quieried my religion and i said i didnt have one, she looked at me with hate. Oh Noes.

NOT.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had 2 teeth removed twice in my life, once with a local anesthetic and once with sedation. The local anesthetic was horrible, it took around an hour and a half and even through it didn't hurt that much it was really uncomfortable and traumatic.

The next time I opted for the sedation and that was way the forward. You fall asleep, wake up and the teeth are gone. You skip the whole thing. A much better option in my experience.

Good luck! :)

Anwen said...

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your comment.

I have now changed my mind, i am going to opt for full general anesthetic. My teeth are still impacted in the gums, so they are probably going to have to cut into the gums to get them out....ahhhh just the thought makes me quiver :(
I might as well make it as easy for myself as possible.

Did it hurt you afterwards?
Teeth these days, taking liberties! I wish mine just gave up when they realised that there wasn't enough space for them, but noooo they had to keep trying.

Anwen :)

Nadelstreifen said...

Good luck! Dentistry sucks :(
on the plus side yu get to have a general anesthetic! i love having a general! i'm kinda jealous - make sure yu milk the sympathy! yu'll deserve it ;)