Sunday 6 July 2008

I Love Art Galleries :)




My My My, I have had a super few days.

I drove up to see my mum this weekend and had a awesome time. Not only did i learn how to bake a lemon cake, i also visited an art gallery and critiqued the exhibition. I even went as far as filling out an elaborate questionnaire, giving my uneducated opinions about the art on view. Wonderfull!
I enjoyed the art gallery visit much more than i have enjoyed anything in a while infact.
I don't drink that much these days and sometimes i feel like i should be going out more and doing things, but i think that my generation are inclined to feel that most social activities should revolve around the consumption of alcohol. Now i have a whole new 'event' to attend.

I am now full of enthusiasm for the art gallery experience and shall be making a concerted effort to attend more.

Baking the cake was also superb. I have baked cakes before in my younger days but haven't bothered for years, mainly because of the following (lazy) reasons;


  • Washing up afterwards is always a bummer

  • Never having all the ingredients required

  • Having had a bad experience of messing up a cake in the past

Its serious business cake baking and should be approached with extreme caution. I am now, however the proud owner of some weighing scales, so i shall be baking more often.

I currently have 'The Real Hustle' on in the background. I suspect it isn't 'Real' whatsoever. There is a 'hustle' occuring in a jewelery shop. I am quite confused as to how they manage to have so many camera angles when it is supposed to be 'undercover'? Surely the jewelery shop team noticed someone coming in and installing cameras everywhere? I would be as suspicious if there was the one camera but they have actually made a big point of showing the hustler swap a cheap neckjlace with one worth £5,000. It was like 'Look at the swap from this angle...' and then '...from this angle...' It should be renamed 'The Kind of Real Hustle, but Not Really.' Suspicious Anwen is Suspicious.

Also, whilst on the subject of TV Shows. Studio audience's - why are they never appreciated?
Its such a shame...they make the effort to leave their houses to go and sit in some ghastly set, they have to clap on cue for hours, and basically give the show that extra 'oooomph.'
Anyways at the end of the show the presenter will always say something along the lines of 'thankyou to the studio audience, the guests but most of all thanks to YOU at home.'

I mean really, how mean is that?! If anything the viewers at home shouldn't be thanked at all, cos they aren't doing anything, they should thank the show for giving them some entertainment. They are simply lazing around in their underwear at home.

Wheras the poor long suffering studio audience have been sat like sardines in a hot & clammy studio for probably HOURS.
Awwww.

2 comments:

Nadelstreifen said...

My Anwen also went to an art gallery this weekend! spooky!

Where did you go? We went to the Lauren Child exhibit at Manchester Art Gallery - well worth checking out if you're into her stuff.

Anwen said...

Oooooh Strange!
I went to one in Conwy - North Wales. Not quite sure what the gallery is called but the exhibition was by an artist called Ian Williams (strange name thing again!)
Most of his work was done on canvass and it was very abstract and colourfull. I was in two minds about it really. Some of his work i loved and others i didn't. I had an awesome time there though! Must go to more :)