Monday 30 June 2008

Fishbowl Night



I haven't written a blog for a few days now, i blame this on a fishbowl. Well a few fishbowls to be quite honest.


Another legendary Helpdesk Fishbowl night was enjoyed by all on Friday night, and i have only just begun to feel motivated again. Twas a fun night as they always are. The day we have a bad fishbowl night, will be the end of the beloved fishbowls.


ANyways since then i have mostly been...errrr i am rather ashamed to admit - not very much.

My procrastination abilities have been at a all time high. In fact, they have probably topped those of my University 'I have to write a 5,000 word essay by 3pm, and its now 6am in the morning and i am mashed.' Oh, those days were so frivalous.


I have taken Monday (today) and Tuesday (tomorrow - keep up!) off work....SUPER YAY! Today, i mooched around, filled with a indescribable sense of smugness at not being in work.

I went to the nightmare that is The Trafford center. It is truely a dastardly place; i dont recommend anyone ever ventures within 5 miles of it.......EVER.

I only managed to withold the terror for around 1 hour before i skulked off in search of my soul. I caught up with it, but i fear it is forever tainted.


I did, however have some success. I purchased DVD's, 'Eagle Vs Shark' - which i bought mainly for the title. How can a film with such a superb title be wrong? I am going to watch this perceived work of genuius tonight. It was made by the amazing team behind 'Napoleon Dynamite' so i am sure i am not going o be dissapointed. It is however, based in New Zealand i think...and my ex boss was from there..no offence whatsoever to New Zealanders but i shiver at the utterance of the accent. I need to meet a superior New Zealander who can eradicate this painful phobia. I'm ashamed i even feel that way. I am just wrong, just wrong.


Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

X 18 ZILLION


I also bought 'High Fidelity' starring John Cusack, one of my ALL TIME FAVOURATE actors. So once again, i am in for a almost certain treat.


Monday night, is now 'Treat Night' although saying that i probably wil not watch both films. I will in truth, most likely, if i know myself like i think i do...i shall loose the battle against the sleeping devils and 'doze off.' - I feel i have just aged like 90 years using the phrase 'doze off.' oh well, i digress.

Bad Anwen.


So, yes i had a rather successful shopping expedition.


I also bought 2 books. One Charlie Brooker - the man is a LEGEND, i repeat LEGEND. Plus one Guy Browning book. Both ooks are a collection of both writers articles which feature wekely in the Saturday Bible, sorry Guardian newspaper. I type this whilst actually disagreeing with myself...i actually have been swaying the the other side, the dark side of late...and buying...*da da darrr* (my impression the ...uhhhh not sure what the sound is...but believe me....its haunting and will have you in suspenders....(tight ones).... 'The Times.' Although i have still been faithful to The Guardian.


That is All.


Oooh almost forgot;


I awoke this morning and floundered into my living room. Yes, i flounder in the morning.

I, whilst checking my youtube page (yes i am a total nerd) happened to notice my scraggy but edible (typo) reliable notebook on the side of the sofa, and spotted the following; (See Pic Above.)


What does it all mean?? I can't quite remember, and i promise, i hadn't been drinking at ALL. I am Tee Total for the majority of my life these days (apart from epic fishbowl nights... of course.)





No comments: