Thursday 19 June 2008

Apathetic Lies Dont Count




11:41 a.m: I am at work. I Am very annoyed, very very very annoyed, annoyed Anwen is Annoyed. My day was going remarkably okay, but now it is not, as the result of ...errr crap. I just want to go home and hide. Luckily for me though, it does appear to be flying by so before I know it I will be at home, away from all this nonsense.

So today I decided to keep a tally of how many times I lie, by ‘lie’ I don’t mean big big lies, I mean unimportant little lies, just small things which make life;
A) Easier
B) Stops you having to talk as much
C) Is less hurtful than the truth.

Okay its now 14:15pm and I am actually amazed by how little I have lied!!! Not that I thought I was a serial liar or anything but anyone who says they don’t lie, are most definitely a liar. A liar of the very worst kind. An ironic liar. In fact, if you wanted to tell if someone was a terrible liar or not, you should ask them….if they answer no, then you know they are a worse liar than the person who said ‘yes, I am a liar.’ You can guarantee that they lie al the time, although on the other hand, those who answer 'Yes, i lie from time to tim' could be double bluffing you, and could infact, be Liars Bluffington - the king of liars & the governor of liarsville-on-sea.

According to my tally, I have lied 5 times so far, which isn’t bad at all! Please remember none of these are big lies.
I have realised that, these lies, aren’t technically lies…most of them fall into the grey category of ‘agreeing with someone….’ Or 'not disagreeing with someone'. Mostly I am too lazy and apathetic to care, so I just agree or disagree as appropriate – whichever is quickest.Is it technically a ‘lie’ if you don’t actually say anything? If I nod to a comment I disagree with, have I then lied…? Probably.

Although it is a very different level of lying when compared to the whole fabricating of a story.
That is terrible.
Or is it?
Indeed it is.
But really...is it?

No comments: