Tuesday 24 June 2008

Void opposite me & Dentist Gone Wild




Had a pretty emotional day today.
It was one of my colleagues and more importantly, my friends' last day at my workplace today.
I am going to miss her alot, there will definately be a vacuous void where she used to sit, which unfortunately was directly opposite me, so i shall be haunted every day with remembering just how super she was, and that will now highlight just how empty the space now will be, the space she used to sit in, directly opposite me.

I also went to the dentists today, again not a particulary enjoyable thing. I had a big needle stuck into the depths of my jaw, and never really got told why, in fact, i needed this doing? I am still vague on the whole episode and retrospectively, i kind of feel a bit of a wierdo for not thinking of asking him to explain exactly what was wrong with my tooth, that required a big needle going into the depths of my gum. He also drilled some white stuff onto my tooth and at one point, i had like a screw in my tooth. It was a large screw and i had a thought thati hoped the dentist didn't suddenly had a heart attack or faint, because if he did, then i would be in limbo with a large screw sticking out of my tooth, what would i do? Panic would set in within 12 seconds and i would be running around the surgery, suffering the indignity of having a screw sticking out of my tooth. Knowing th only person who could remove it efficiently was the dentist who was immobile and unconcious on the floor ahhhh. Luckily, nothing of the sort happened and i am pleased to report that the screw left my mouth as quickly as it appeared.
The dentist did leave the room for about 25 seconds at one point, which freaked me out a bit, but he returned and all was okay.
I then proceeded to spend the next few hours in a wierd state of 'one side of face dead-itus.'

Alas, it was probably conductive to something.

I shall most certaintly have some wierd & terrifying dream about either;

A) Needles having a party in my mouth
B) A screw deciding to move into one of my teeth & then deciding against he whole idea when it realised that the neighbours next door had a rather large dog which barked each and everytime someone walked past the house
C) A room full of worms singing 'one way or another' (Blondie) and eating sweet & sour sauce, through straws....but then thats another story all together. I shall explain more about this one day.

Anyway an okay day...well i say that now, after the emotional goodbye and the vague doctor it was a bit well, muhmumaooooow ---> seriously, say that how it looks to be pronounced and i swear, that sums up my day in one swift breath of oddballity.

No comments: